Released in 1991. Produced by SMS Corporation. Animation by Studio Junio.
On a dark, late night in New York City, Ryu is chased and attacked by assassins. After disposing of them, he finds an I.D. card for the Friedman Company. The next day, it is announced that Dr. Ned Friedman has discovered a cure for cancer. But after providing no information at his press conference, a reporter named Sarah decides to investigate with the help of her friends Robert and Jeff. When passing by Dr. Friedman's house one day, Ryu hears the voice of a young girl calling for help. When Sarah and her entourage investigate the house as well, they run into their colleague, Ryu. Upon that, they discover Dr. Friedman has been conducting experiments on live humans using biotechnology, and that it may have something to do with the power of the Evil Gods, whom Ryu had defeated in the past. But when Ryu's friend, Irene, is kidnapped, he must don his role as a Dragon Ninja once again to defeat this new enemy and save her.
This anime is a bit slow. It takes its time developing the story and following the supporting characters. Neither does it have any strong resemblances to the Ninja Gaiden game series. What I do like about it is the dark look, mostly taking place at night with dramatic dark shadows everywhere. And the story is interesting to follow as it unfolds. Overall, it's an average anime. But don't take me too seriously. If this anime was awful I wouldn't have bothered to put it up on this site.
- If you have a device that supports casting, via Chrome my videos can be casted to your TV. The cast icon appears after you click to play a video.
- Most of the anime on this site was made for old TV resolutions (non wide screen). However, keep in mind that most modern TVs have the ability to stretch the screen. Try that feature if the vertically cropped screen is bothering you. Here's a comparison of standard/stretched screens.
- Is video not playing? Wait a minute or two; depending on your Internet speed it could take a while.
- Is video loading slow? The High Quality videos require high speed Internet. You might have better luck with the Low Quality version. If that doesn't help, try downloading the movie so you can play it in full.
Having problems viewing this movie? Need it in another format? Going on a flight? Or just want to keep it? Here it is for download. Right-click the button below and go to Save Target As to download it. Or you can left click it, and on the next page go to File > Save Page As to download it.
- MP4 plays natively on pretty much everything: computers, TVs, smartphones, tablets, video game systems, set-top boxes like Roku/Apple TV, etc.
- Try it out! Save this movie to a thumb drive and play it on your TV.
- As mentioned above in Notes, make use of your TV's stretch feature if the vertically cropped screen is bothering you.
- Another great option is to use Plex to stream MP4 movies from your computer to your TV through your Wifi. It's a free app. Install it on your Windows or Mac, then install it on your set-top box (Roku/Apple TV/Fire Stick/etc.). Just note that Plex will only detect these movies in an Other Videos library because the “Movies” library doesn't detect rare/obscure anime classics.
Ninja Resurrection Series
2 episodes, 35 min each
Jubei helps the Japanese government destroy evil mystical forces.
1 hr 7 min
Similar to “The Thing” and “Alien”, a crew in a spaceship are hunted by a parasidic alien.
Two scientists try to stop a virus that turns people into demons.