Released in 1995. Produced by BMG Japan. Animation by Madhouse.
Two scientists are attempting to distribute the cure for a demon virus that is affecting people all over Japan, however, things have become complicated. One of them has become infected. So begins his battle with himself, as he attempts to not only control his emerging demon side but also to save the lives of others by wielding its great strength.
Bio Hunter is a good movie. It's a “who's the killer?” mystery with a sci-fi twist involving demons. I LOVE that the dub uses my favorite English voice actors from the Tenchi Muyo series; that of Tenchi and Sasami. If you love dark, gory movies, you'll love Bio Hunter.
As you watch Bio Hunter, it'll be clear it was made for horny teenagers. There's quite a bit of nudity and some tentacle rape. The movie even opens with a sex scene.
Buy From Amazon
You can buy this movie from Amazon. It goes for around $50-70 (US).
Bio Hunter can be watched or downloaded from Archive.org (Internet Archive), or downloaded via torrents from Nyaa. These sites are the best, safest, and most dependable resources to get anime for free.
- To cast the videos to your TV using AirPlay or Chromecast, press the button. This button becomes available when you start playing the video.
- The playable video is English dubbed. If you want Japanese language with subtitles, you need to download Bio Hunter from Nyaa.
- Archive.org tends to be slow. Downloading Bio Hunter from Nyaa is better. Additionally, Nyaa most likley offers a higher quality video, or even a Blu-ray quality video.
- If you don't know what torrents are, YouTube has tutorials. Be mindful that torrent downloads aren't instant. Depending on your Internet speed and number of seeds, it could take up to 24 hours for an anime to download.
- If you need a torrent client, these are the best (they're all free).
- The majority of video downloads from Nyaa are in “MKV” format, and less commonly in “AVI”. If you need a good video player to play these formats, VLC Media Player is the best (and it's free). It's available on every OS, including iOS and Android.
Is the MKV too big?
If you download a large Blu-ray quality MKV from Nyaa, it is possible that your computer or phone/tablet isn't fast enough to play it at full speed. In this case, you can use HandBrake. It's a free video converter; use it to shrink down the video. If you need help using HandBrake, YouTube has tutorials. Another option is to use Plex (mentioned below) because it automatically downsamples large videos when it streams them to your TV.
Playing on your TV
The easiest way to play MKV and AVI videos on your TV is with Plex. It streams movies from your computer to your TV through your Wi-Fi. It's a free app. Install it on your Windows or Mac, then install it on your set-top box (Apple TV, Roku, Fire sticks, etc.). Just note that Plex will only detect these movies in an Other Videos library because the “Movies” library doesn't detect rare/obscure anime classics. If you need help, YouTube has tutorials.
Vampires, ghosts, werewolves... all are real! One man seeks to destroy them.
Ninja Gaiden OVA
Based on the popular game series, a ninja seeks to stop the resurrection of an evil god.
Jubei helps the Japanese government destroy evil mystical forces.
Wrath of the Ninja
Three ninja with mystical weapons fight a war against a dark clan of monstrous ninja.